Sunday, April 19, 2015

If Not for Technology


It was in a dream somewhere I saw your face ... "like an ad in the old fashioned news", you'd say ... I watched you and read the posts on your page ... saw the pictures from your life ... listened to the tunes you would post ... I learned about what you did as a trade ... where you live, even saw the food that you ate ... One day I got bold and reposted a poem ... some whirling and twirling round something someone wrote ... truth is I forget the words or even the rhyme ... I just knew I couldn't waste any more time ... my heart was reaching inside of your walls, down the corridors, and hanging out in the halls ... I knocked on the door and when you opened it wide ... I fumbled and lost it and I dropped my pride ... I broke down and  choked up, yeah I spilled all the beans ... confessed and addressed and oh hell, I made a mess of everything ... too many phone conversations ... too many late nights burnt out ... so many things mistaken ... now we will never sort it out ... had our eyes met ... or we ever held hands ... had a simple good night kiss ... happened unplanned ... but things aren't done that way anymore ... there's no old fashioned love in store ... for dreamers like me who are caught in the belief ... if not for technology ... we might have been ... Mail Order Annie and her Handsome Dan.
 #NaPoWriMo 10
© 2015 Carla Dawn Dunlap All Right Reserved

#NaPoWriMo,#Poetry,Growth, Loss,Lost Love, Love,Missing Someone,Owning My Mistakes,Regrets,ReOccuring Patterns, Self Witness,Sorrow,Spiritual Growth

No comments:

Post a Comment