Sunday, April 19, 2015

Arriving with the rose buds of compassion ...

Arriving with the rose buds of compassion ... cradled to my breast to hold back my pain ... arms crossed, tongue flat to the roof of my mouth ... impulse darting about behind my eyes ... a blank ivory ballerina awaiting the baton ... the stage set with only the dust of humility ... the audience consisting of fifth row center ... You, God, and a Reserved Seat sign resting quietly ... to your surprise there is only one act to the performance ... you look to God, he locks his lips, throwing away the key ... turning to the Reserved Seat, you seek to no avail ... I descend from the stage after my dance, kiss you, and give you the roses ...
 #NaPoWriMo 13
  © 2015 Carla Dawn Dunlap All Right Reserved
#NaPoWriMo,#Poetry,#Utterances

No comments:

Post a Comment