Sunday, April 19, 2015

Un~Forgiven

It was you, dark glint of Love's light, who asked to see my palm ... who read it , sight unseen, through the fiddle back fronds of forever after ... the razor edge of your finger nail slicing my fate line in two ... it bled like a fermented pomegranate eager to burst from it's rind ... becoming shell in the eons it had waited for you to sky blind seek and find me ... to love even at the risk of one's own life is to coin change purse the soul, my love ... Baba will only laugh as my coins tumble glinting in the noonday's sun ... gold, silver, and copper chiming the song of the universe on their dancing down the stairs ... "Truth, Love, and Simplicity " alone ... how could I have forgotten myself so easily ? ... to relinquish my vogel of protection and hand my wings to you tied with pretty ribbons ... the grey spade you gave me and requested I start digging ... I knew it was a grave even then, yet for whom? ... My Self or My Sister ... she has eyes who hold a hundred hollow horrors ... oh, the displeasure of being my sister's keeper ... either way we are un~forgiven by you ... for not handing over the keys to some Verita's phantom maze ... I fall short of a feather gaining passage on your barge tonight ... Thus, I shall run with the dog men at the river come dusk ... and bleeding blue from the canker and the bramble dust ... sham shackle home to beat the dawn, to greet the dead in soul, in heart, and in dread.
#NaPoWriMo 17
  © 2015 Carla Dawn Dunlap All Right Reserved
#NaPoWriMo,#Poetry,#Utterances,BeingAuthentic,Compassion,FacingMyEgo,Honoring All,Hunger,LostLoveLove,LovingEnough,MirrorMirror,Missing Someone,NeverAgain,OwningMyLife,river,Service,Sorrow,SpiritualCompass,Spiritual Growth,WhereWildWomenDareToRun

No comments:

Post a Comment