Tuesday, April 5, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 #5

Today's prompt was to incorporate names of heirloom seeds into our poems. Very clever.
NaPoWriMo2016 #5
All my thoughts of idealistic love,
have flown away with the Purple Dove,
Now, I seek a man who knows,
the worth of a garden and holeless gloves,
No fantasies of Silver Queens,
or Tequila Sunrise on the beach,
I long for a quiet Black Prince,
who'll kindly wash my hair and rinse,
I'll serve him fried Rat's Tails for breakfast,
Japanese Pie, and Lemon Drops too,
We'll love to garden our days away,
Selling berries and riverman stew,
On the porch we'll shell the Ojo de Cabras,
While our foul flock pecks the labyrinth,
He'd wear his Turk's Cap, me my Red Velvet Lipstick,
When to town we go to cut a jig rug,
But, when day is done, we cuddle up like bugs,
Welcoming sweet restfull sleep at our door,
"What can I give this happiness to repay?"
"Brazilian Starfish to light love evermore."

© 2016 cdd All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment